Parking & Directions
Effective Friday, March 13 at 5 p.m. CDT, the LBJ Library is closed to the public until further notice. Learn more.
2313 Red River St.
Austin, TX 78705
The LBJ Presidential Library is located on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin, just off I-35. View on Google Maps.
Partial Red River Street Closure
As of early December 2019, Red River Street, from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Clyde Littlefield Drive, is closed. While direct access to the library has not been affected, we recommend accessing Red River Street coming from either Manor Road, located south of the library, or from Dean Keeton Street, located north of the library.
Parking for the LBJ Presidential Library is always free in our designated visitor parking lot #38. Located directly off Red River Street, look for brightly colored library banners at the lot entrance.
Please be advised:
1) There are several University of Texas permit-only parking lots next to our guest parking, and parking in those permit-only lots may result in fines.
2) If you are a UT Austin student, staff, or faculty member with a UT parking permit that is not registered to lot #38, you may be subject to fines if you park in our visitor lot as it is not your designated lot for your permit. The library is not responsible for any citations and related fines as the parking lots are managed by UT Parking and Transportation Services.
If your vehicle takes up more than one parking space, please pick up a permit at the admissions desk in the library lobby on the day of your visit. For more information, contact our Volunteer and Visitor Services office at [email protected].
We ask that all buses park in the upper southeast corner area of visitor lot #38. Passenger drop-off and pick up is by the breezeway curb in lot #38. You must also display a bus parking permit while parked. Please pick up a permit at the admissions desk in the library lobby on the day of your visit. For more information, contact our Volunteer and Visitor Services office at [email protected].
The LBJ Library is situated on The University of Texas at Austin campus. When you enter through the library's main entrance, you will be starting on the third floor as there are two floors below ground level.
From Parking Lot #38
The library is located west of Sid Richardson Hall, which houses the LBJ School of Public Affairs. Walk through the open breezeway and across the plaza to reach the library.
From UT Austin Campus
From campus, the library is located east of Robert Dedman Drive and south of E. Dean Keeton Street. The building is behind the LBJ School of Public Affairs to the west.
- From northbound I-35, just past the 15th Street exit, move to either of the left 2 lanes to take the lower deck.
- From southbound I-35, just past the 51st Street exit, move to either of the left 2 lanes to take the lower deck.
- Take the Manor Road Exit (exit 235B).
- Go west on Manor Road towards The University of Texas at Austin campus.
- At the first light, Red River, turn right (north).
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left into the LBJ Visitors' Parking lot—Lot #38. The entrance is flanked by banners for the library. Parking in adjacent UT-permit-only parking lots may result in fines.
- The LBJ Library is located on the other side of Sid Richardson Hall, which houses the LBJ School of Public Affairs; walk through the open breezeway to reach the LBJ plaza and the library.