Hours and Admission
Visiting note: In early May, the library experienced water damage to our 10th floor exhibition spaces due to heavy rain. Only a portion of this floor is currently open to visitors as the library conducts its repairs. Unfortunately, the closed portion includes the Oval Office and Lady Bird Johnson's office. The rest of the 10th floor, including the Reading Room, are open.
In this duration, we are offering the following discounted admission rates to visitors:
- Adults: $8
- Seniors (62 and over) with valid ID: $5
- Former military with valid ID: $3
- Youth 13-18: $1
- College students with valid ID: $1
There's still lots to see. Our third and fourth floor exhibition spaces, including our special Motown: The Sound of Young America exhibition, remain open. Stop on by!
Library & Museum Hours
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
Except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
Free parking in lot #38 (see full parking details)
Buy Your Ticket Online
Plan Ahead! Advance tickets are now available for purchase online. Note: You may also purchase your ticket in-person at the time of your arrival. Advance tickets are not required prior to your visit.
- Adults: $10
- Seniors (62 and over) with valid ID: $7
- Former military with valid ID: $5
- Youth 13-18: $3
- College students with valid ID: $3
We accept cash, credit card, or check. Please note we do not accept personal checks. If you plan to pay for your group with a check, it must come from an organization.
Free admission to:
- Children 12 and under
- Active duty military
- Members of Friends of the LBJ Library and Future Forum membership groups
- Members of other NARA Presidential Libraries
- Student groups (including school staff) with reservations
- The University of Texas at Austin students, faculty, and staff with valid ID
- Recipients of SNAP, WIC, and MAP (More details)
To ensure President Johnson's wish that the Library be available to all, we offer free admission to the public on several days throughout the year.
Free admission days:
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Explore UT
- Memorial Day
- The Fourth of July
- August 27 (LBJ's birthday)
- Veterans Day (Free admission for all on Sunday, Nov. 11 and free admission for veterans on Monday, Nov. 12)
- Austin Museum Day
If you have questions about individual tickets or about groups of 14 or less, please contact us at [email protected].
For questions about groups of 15 or more or about school tours, please contact [email protected]. To view our tour options, visit our Group Tours page.