To make a tour reservation, please complete this online form. Please note: Reservations are filled in the order in which they are received. Our Visitor Services department will contact you shortly after you make your reservation for a final confirmation.
Before making any reservations, we highly suggest reading through the information below.
As of March 13, 2018: We have received a high volume of tour requests for the spring and are completely booked for the months of March-May. We have self-guided tours on a space-available basis for June-August.
We highly suggest planning ahead for the upcoming school year and reserving your guided or self-guided tour request as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
- Type of tours and availability: School groups may choose a self-guided or guided tour. Either is available free of charge to school groups, including students and staff, on weekdays with advance reservations. Guided tours are only available September through May.
- Group size: Due to limited space in our exhibitions and time restraints, tours cannot be provided to groups smaller than 15 or larger than 60 (this includes 60 students plus chaperones) at a time.
- When to reserve: If you would like a guided tour, we ask that you make your reservation at least six weeks in advance. If you would like a self-guided tour, we ask that you make your reservation at least three weeks in advance. We are unable to accommodate tour reservations outside of those advance notices.
- Start times and tour lengths: Start times for tours must be between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. School tours generally last 90 minutes.
- Student supervision: One adult, 18 or older, is required per 8 students.
- Groups should review our Group Visit Packet prior to arriving at the Library.
Bus scholarships. Made possible through the generous support of our Amplify Austin donors, we are also now offering bus scholarships to economically disadvantaged Pre-K-12 grade schools through the 2018 school year. Transportation costs up to $250 will be reimbursed. Apply today!
For more information about additional programs available for middle and high school students, as well as college/university groups, please visit our Education page.
- Type of tours and availability: We do not offer guided tours to adult groups as our exhibitions lend themselves well to self-guided tours for adults.
- Group size: Due to limited space in our exhibitions and time restraints, tours cannot be provided to groups smaller than 15 or larger than 60 at a time.
- When to reserve: For a self-guided tour, we ask that you make your reservation at least three weeks in advance. We are unable to accommodate tour reservations outside of a three-week advance notice.
- Cost: Special group rates of $7 per adult and $5 per senior are available with your advance reservation.
Please contact our Visitor Services Coordinator at [email protected] or (512) 721-0184.