Get in the Game
On View: Now - Jan. 13, 2019
Third Floor, Temporary Exhibition Gallery
LBJ Presidential Library
View exhibition photos
- - -
Get in the Game: The Fight for Equality in American Sports examines the intersection of social justice and sports in the United States. The exhibition celebrates athletes who have broken barriers and spoken out for equality, both on and off the playing field. Beginning in the late 19th century and continuing through current day, Get in the Game encourages visitors to think about sports as part of an ongoing national conversation and as a vehicle for social change.
Share your exhibition thoughts with us by using the hashtag #LBJGetInTheGame.
- Stephen Curry, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and LeBron James autographed jerseys
- Colin Kaepernick and Colt McCoy autographed football
- Olympic Fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad’s hijab, mask, and jacket
- Nike Air Jordan Sneakers from 1985-2000
- Venus and Serena Williams' 2008 Olympic uniforms
- Muhammad Ali autographed boxing gloves
- Billie Jean King's tennis dress
- Jackie Robinson's game-worn pants and autographed baseball
- Jim Brown's shoulder pads and autographed football
- Jesse Owens' diary from the 1936 Olympics in Berlin
- Lee Trevino’s glove and hat
- Negro League baseball jerseys and cleats
- Black Fives Era basketball artifacts
- All-American Girls Professional Baseball League artifacts
- And lots more!
Generous support for the exhibition is provided by The University of Texas at Austin
Plan Your Visit
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Admission Prices Vary
Regular price: $10 per person
Seniors (62 and over) with valid ID: $7
Children 13-17: $3
Free parking in lot #38